LGA Immigration

Our Practice

Work Permits

Work Permits or “Employment Authorization Documents (EADs),” are available to people who have filed certain applications and those applications are pending.  These pending applications include green card and asylum applications.  Work permits are also available to people who have received certain types of status, including asylum, withholding of removal, deferred action, T visas, U visas, and Temporary Protected Status.  Lawful permanent residents, or green-card holders, do not need a work permit, as their status allows them to work in the U.S.  Similarly, anyone present in the U.S. with an employment-based visa, such as an H or R visa, does not need a separate work permit.

 If you believe you are eligible for work permission and you do not have it, please contact Lisa Green & Associates.